Monday, January 22, 2007

CRASHDIET: BAND PHOTOS FEATURING NEW SINGER POSTED ONLINE

Swedish 'glam rockers' CRASHDIET have uploaded several photos of the band's new lineup, featurng the group's latest addition, singer H. Olliver Twisted (photo) of the Finnish hard rock act RECKLESS LOVE (as BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported yesterday). Check out the pictures at this location.

H. Olliver Twisted joins the group as the replacement for David Hellman (a.k.a. Dave Lepard), who committed suicide in January 2006. Twisted made his live debut with CRASHDIET last night (Sunday, January 21) at the Rest in Sleaze festival at Debaser in Stockholm, Sweden. Also scheduled to appear at the event were CRUCIFIED BARBARA, ZAN CLAN, STARLET SUICIDE and PP7 GAFTZEB.

In his online bio, H. Olliver Twisted states, 'I have always been an Eighties fanatic but when I realized why, I just began to blossom. It all goes back to my rosy childhood. As a kid, I was kinda quiet and pretty much allowed to be in my own world but when I became a superstar in my own dream reality, I began to speak and I haven't stopped ever since, unless I sing. So I wasn't even a youngster in my heart anymore when I discovered that singing and performing is my calling. I jumped onstage and like a squirrel pumped with a litre of speed I began to take over the real world. Since then I've been destined to become the ultimate rock frontman of the future who will make your chin drop through the floor with an explosively energetic stage persona and a voice reaching from low tones to high screams.'

It should be noted that H. Olliver Twisted will remain a member of RECKLESS LOVE while occupying his new position in CRASHDIET.

For audio samples of H. Olliver Twisted's vocals, visit the official RECKLESS LOVE MySpace page.

As previously reported, CRASHDIET has uploaded a couple of teasers for its upcoming DVD at www.crashdiet.org. The disc is expected to be released in February.

Hellman was found dead on January 20, 2006 at his apartment in the Swedish city of Uppsala, north of Stockholm. It was reported in several places that he hanged himself, although this was never officially confirmed.

CRASHDIET is a Stockholm, Sweden-based Eighties hard rock-style band whose debut album, 'Rest in Sleaze', entered the Swedish national album chart at position No. 12.

CRASHDIET is reportedly the first 'sleaze rock' band in over 10 years to be signed directly to a major company — Universal Music. The group, whose members are said to be in their early 20s, were scheduled to make their U.S. debut in March 2006 at the South by Southwest music conference/festival in Austin, Texas.

For more information on Dave's passing, click here.

No comments: