Wednesday, February 21, 2007

YYRKOON FRONTMAN 'RECONSIDERING' HIS POSITION IN BAND

French thrash/death metallers YYRKOON appear to be on the verge of breaking up after guitarist/vocalist Stephane Souteyrand 'lost his motivation' for the group. In a statement released today (Wednesday, February 21), Souteyrand writes, 'Since [we came] back from European tour with NILE, I have to admit that I've lost my motivation for YYRKOON. I'm the first one to be surprised by this lack of enthusiasm, but [on the other] hand, I cannot continue to lie to myself; I need a pause to reconsider my position in the band...'

As a result of this development, YYRKOON has cancelled all previously scheduled gigs.

Commented the band: 'We would like to thank all fans for their support us and all the people who have contributed to our development.'

YYRKOON's fourth album, 'Unhearthly Opera', was released in February 2006 via Osmose Productions. The follow-up to 2004's 'Occult Medicine' was recorded at Hansen studios in Ribe, Denmark and features a guest appearance by KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy LaRocque on the song 'Horror from the Sea'.
Courtesy of BlabberMouth.net

No comments: